Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Obsidian Blade

So I just finished reading The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman. So I am well-known in my school's library as a bookworm. I will check out a huge book and have it back by the next day asking for more suggestions. Anyway, my study hall teacher/overseer who is also the librarian, asked me if I could read the book real quick and tell her if it would be appropriate for a Christian school and what supernatural aspects were in there and what I thought about it and stuff. I felt honored. The book itself was not well written, and the characters weren't able to be related, realistic, or given characterization. You really couldn't get into the persons emotions or feelings. Kinda blank. Besides that, it could be compared a bit, though not as good, as a book by Ted Dekker like Skin or Obsessed, which I'll make reviews for later. Back on topic, this book didn't have a set plot, was kind of muddled, and definitely hard to understand/comprehend. The "diskos," "Klaatu," and scene were not described enough or even well. It gives a lot of......different, no.....twisted references to the Bible and Christianity. I really did not like this book and I do not recommend it to anyone.

By the way, the next book I hope to read is called "Watership Down" and was recommended, like many of my books, by my friend Katherine, a Senior. Has anyone read this? If so, did you like it? I gtg, thanks!

No comments: