Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Inheritance Series

!!!!SPOILERS!!!


Well, what can I say, I have read through Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr 13 times each, I LOVE rereading, and have enjoyed all of them immensely. They are well written with a great, mixed plot line, and understandable, relatable characters. Christopher Paolini is a superb writer to be sure, and he's SO YOUNG! I will definitely be on the lookout for more from this emerging author.I have not read Inheritance yet because I have not been able to get my hands on it. However, I should have a copy by tomorrow
and I will make another post for it. :) I suggest these to youngsters and teens alike. I do not like, however, that iit so closely resembles Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. Some of the cities, landmarks, and people's names are obviously taken from Lord of the Rings. Not very impressive creativity there. Anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that these are amazing books and I love'em to death. :) Saphra's definitely got to be my favorite character, I sooo want a dragon now!! :P I really enjoyed Oromis and Glaedr in the Du Weldenvarden and how the lessons in Eldest go so badly at first. And how Eragon gets his impediment
from Durza, it adds a humanistic, down-to-earth touch that definitely influences how the reader takes the story. However, I do not like the Arya/Eragon thing going on, it makes the parts rather awkward, but realistic....somewhat. I think if it were changed a bit then I would like it more....I don't know, it just seems wrong to me. Moving on. I suggest this series to EVERYONE! Please read if you haven't done so already! :)


PS: Please forgive any spelling typos and grammar, I am unusually tired tonight. Thanks!

No comments: