Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Dying to.....

You know the expression, "I'm dying to to this," or "I'm dying to get there." Well I heard a saying today that just hit me. It was a revelation that, I don't really know, changed me I guess. It made me think hard. It said...


When I was 7 I was dying to be double digits.
When turned ten I was dying to be able to drive.
When I was 16 I was "dying" to finish high school and start college. 
And then I was dying to finish college and start working. 
Then I was dying to get married and have children. 
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work.
But then I was dying to be able to retire. 
And now that I am dying, I suddenly realize that I forgot to live.

That just struck me in a way that now I feel....nostalgic in a way. I hope that I never lose sight of this saying. I need to be reminded once in a while, that even though looking forward to this is good, when it consumes your life and you want the future more than anything, you need to slow down and enjoy the now or you will lose your life to the future. Never become like the person mentioned here. Be satisfied with your life here and now and enjoy the little things like taking a hike or swimming in a pool. 
And as tribute to my new advancement of mind...LOL....I have just like, totally dumped the entire pitcher of water on myself while trying to water a hanging plant. HAHAHA :) Wow, that was...refreshing. It's like 95 degrees out here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow. That quote is really amazing. Thanks for sharing, gives me another perspective!
- Hannah (your cousin)
PS: missing you!!! And your family!! Hopefully we'll get to see you this summer. Tis probable.