Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

OMG! I haven't been so entwined in a book series for ages. So Jenny recommended these books to me and lent me the first two (since she is still reading the last book). I devoured the first book in one night after Suessical practice and managed to start on the next before my mom came in at 9:30pm to order me to go to sleep. So officially, I ended that night on page twenty-three of "Catching Fire." The problem was, with all the anticipation, I simply could not go to sleep, so as soon as I heard my mom snoring, I was back to the adventures of Katniss and Peeta. I got about to page 260 (Slowly and quietly turning pages and reading slower due to exhaustion) before turning my little lamp off and collasping...at midnight. (Note: I had just gone through the most depressing day of my life AND a grueling session of dancing, tripping, and all around Suess-mayhem) Either way, I read the rest of my book in my spare time during periods one through for in school. The odd thing is, everyone tells me the first is the best, the second is OK, and the third is sad and awful. Well I found the second just as satisfying as the first....maybe.....and I eagerly await when Jen gets back from Florida so I can steal the third installment, "Mockingjay," from her. I can honestly say that I have been starved of new, adventuresome books lately. Normally, I stick with my Bryan Davis books, but I cannot express in words how overjoyed I am to find a book of my style that I cannot quote from cover to cover. :) I also want to thank Annie from Random Anno for originally mentioning these to me.

No comments: