Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Job!

OMG! I have just gone out and gotten a job! I cant believe this. It's just all so sudden and amazing and exciting! And this isn't some burger-flipping, soda-machine-filling, garbage-disposing job. This lofty occupations comes with high standards, utmost courtesy, top customer service, uniforms, and an opportunity for a scholarship. Well now you must be slightly curious as to what my position is, so I will give you my full, proper title. Ahem, listen up....

"Independent Contractor for the Broadmoor Hotel"

Yeah I know, pretty fancy, eh? Have any of you heard of the Broadmoor Hotel? Maybe you have because it is renowned internationally. Let me fill you in on something. It is one of the only 12 five star, five diamond hotels on the North American continent. Yeah, I know, what a privilege! It has kept five stars for 52 consecutive years, since the five star ratings started. That is 27 years longer than any hotel in history. The interior in gorgeous, lavish, ornate, fancy, and any other word meaning beautifully marvelous. Here's a overview picture of the entire Broadmoor estate, including the lake which the hotel surrounds, bridges, and overlooks. It is truly amazing....

 

Also, high up officials from countries everywhere travel specifically to this hotel to play on their legendary golf course....where I'll be working. You see, I'm going to be a caddy earning 20 dollars + whatever tip I get for every loop. A loop is the golf term for one round. One round is minimally 4 miles, so that should keep me in shape over the summer. :) Overall, I am very lucky to be employed here and I start my preliminary training next week. So I guess that's another thing checked off on my bucket list. :)
Also, I almost forgot to mention the fact that a society will pick 10-15 caddies each year (during their senor year so I have a while) to receive the Evans Scholarship, a four year, tuition and housing scholarship easily worth a few hundred thousand dollars to CU Boulder, where I hope to go to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mechanical Engineering. Yippee! This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Please pray that I don't screw this up. :) Thank you all of you who keep reading this. Goodbye, I got a ton of homework to do....

No comments: