Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Friday, May 31, 2013

Glen Eyrie

So this summer, instead of returning to my horrendous caddying job, I decided to search for something elsewhere. Anyway, about a month ago, I went to my Senior friend, Michelle's birthday party. I didn't want to go, but eventually agreed and it was a lot of fun. We ended up destroying one of their walls drywall when a very delirious Sarah M. crashed into it. And we played a ton of Charades and.... Nevermind... Back on track, I met two brothers there. Micah, and his old brother Josiah. I think Micah is one year younger than me and Josiah is two years older. Anyway, I don't know why, but I found him on Facebook and friended him. Now let me just go on record to say that I NEVER FRIEND PEOPLE I JUST MET. Like EVER. But I did, and I didn't know why. SO about two weeks ago, Josiah asks all of his FB friends if anyone needs a job for the summer. Right? Total Act of God! Anyway, for the past week I have taken over his position as a dishwasher at Glen Eyrie while he goes away for the summer on mission trips. The guys I work with are (mostly) awesome and its been a blast so far. Tiring, but a blast. :) So now I am a dishwasher at Glen Eyrie.

Now, here comes my bragging part, for those of your who don't know of Glen Eyrie, ITS A CASTLE!! Yep, a real, stone castle turned into a vacation spot. :) Here's some pics...





Yeah, I know right!?
It also considers ton of bighorn sheep and wild geese 
as pests because there's so many. :)



All in all, it's a really great place to work, but here's three bonus kickers...

  1. They give all the AMAZING leftover food to the employee's so we get free breakfast and lunch and dinner during our respective shifts. (I am breakfast and lunch)
  2. We are given free access to the 800 acres of hiking land that they own around it. Truly beautiful with towering red rocks and beautiful views.
  3. AND it is completely Christian owned! You have to believe to work there and all the employees are the best coworkers I could imagine. :)
Thank you Josiah!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who don't know Josiah....all of you....he has recently started up a blog called the Quest for Anduril (since he's a Lord of the Rings fanatic). It's probably going to be a lot like Random-nes Personified so I highly encourage you to check it out and follow him...once we get it up and running. :)

No comments: