Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Friday, May 24, 2013

A Good Year

WOW! Time has flown this school year! I just finished up my 2nd year of high school today, and got my yearbook. Sophomore year...the time to be sophomoric (means childish, really, look it up), and now I have to leave it behind for what will likely be the hardest school year of my life (Junior). It was a good year. Filled with good days, bad days, odd days, sleepy days, sports practice days, friend drama days, last minute project days, cramming for tests days, plant analysis days, presentation days, speech days, research days, snow days, rainy days, evacuation because of flooding days, and so many more. I'm gonna miss my English teacher, completely insane but adorable, who after 27 years of teaching at this school is leaving to find a job closer to where she lives. I'm gonna miss my international friends, new and old, some of whom are leaving. I'm gonna miss my senior friends graduating this year.

Yes, it's been a good year, a year of really discovering who I am and what other people think is wrong with me. But no matter. My page of Yearbook signings is considerably more blank than previous years, but the few comments that are there are so much more heartfelt. I hope your school year has been just as great as mine has been. There may have been incidents and bad experiences, but overall you have to admit that the time was a good one because, think about it, you will never have to experience it again. Now you can look back on this time and laugh about the bad times, the depressing times, and admit that, yes, it was a good year.

No comments: