Last year, a huge glitch turned all of my photos into errors. If you find any that I didn't replace, please email me at random-nespersonified@outlook.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Pantry

SO my mom and I just finished cleaning out the pantry. Yeah, scary enough already. Anyway, in 1999, right before Y2K, my dad bought like 2 TONS of dried food in preparation for the upcoming (inferred) disaster. Anyway, we lived off of that for three years and still had hundreds of boxes, like half left. We gave most of it away to a family of 8 (now 9) in New York before we moved out here. During the move, we only took about 20 boxes with 6 cans per box. Anyway, high up in the pantry, we found some leftover....FROM 1999! Now I know its mostly still good, but it sounds disgusting anyway. So....here's some of the stuff we found...

Cheese Powder, yeah,  here's another....
Just looks wonderful doesn't it. Blah! Looked
bad so we threw it out.

 Dried Bacon Bits: Mm-hmm, smelled like 
rotting pork rinds.

 Vegetable letter soup; I voted to trash it,
so we did, but still, really???

 A pic of the vegetable soup...

 Cocoa Mix. Still fine and fresh. Smelled great,
so I tried some and it tasted fine. :D Yea!

And this, looked Ok, tasted fine, keeper.

A completely sealed can that I tentatively opened
only to find some great Spaghetti noodles. :)
(Perfect timing, mom was debating on dinner tomorrow)

Oh, one thing that sucked though, was that 
there was old honey stuck to the bottom of everything. :(

In the conclusion, I must regret that I forgot to take a picture, but we found 5 and a half cans of...what?....beans. Yes, beans of every shape and size you could ever imagine. Yikes! SO, I guess this also outlines my eating habits for the next few weeks huh? :) Anyway, its late, so I should go, but still, I've gotta ask...really?? :D I mean, I never knew my dad well, but he seemed like a complete psycho. Not just based on this. Actually, this was a good desicion I think, and it was good to prepare for the unexpected. Even so, I think it was a little overboard. I mean, seriously, 4,000 POUNDS!! XD

No comments: